Are you looking for a simple and effective way to work out at home? Look no further! Because we bring you a list of full-body workouts at home without spending a penny. In this article, we will introduce you to 10 exercises that will target all major muscle groups and give you a full-body workout. These exercises require no equipment and can be done easily at your own home. Follow our step-by-step guide and you will be on your way to a stronger, healthier body in no time.
Why a Full-Body Workout at Home is a Great Idea
Workout at home It is significant to stay physically and mentally healthy. Working out is the ultimate form of self-care which boosts your mood and empower your body. If you are a working woman or man, you probably are short of time and may not spare a few minutes to get to the gym. Worry less and work smart!
Make exercise a significant part of your routine and harness the fantastic benefits of working out. A regular workout is one of the simplest ways to decrease risks for chronic diseases and it is evident that daily working out optimizes your overall health. Therefore, mobility helps you live a more active and less semantic life. The following are the advantages of exercising daily.
- Strengthen your heart and improve blood circulation
- Boosts your memory and the function of the brain
- Promotes quality sleep
- Help you keep a healthy weight
- Aids your muscle health
- Reduce anxiety, stress, and depression
- Protects you from cardiovascular and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen muscles and bones
- Increases your lifespan
- Reduces hypertension and lower blood pressure
- Inexpensive and can easily be performed
Squats are a type of strength training exercise that works the muscles in the legs and buttocks. To do a squat follow the following steps:
- Start by standing with your feet and your arms at your sides.
- Lower your body as if you were sitting back in a chair, keeping your weight in your heels and your back straight.
- Push back up to the starting position, making sure to keep your knees aligned with your toes.
Squats can be done with or without additional weight, such as a barbell or dumbbell, to increase the difficulty. Moreover, it's a potent way to improve lower body strength and stability.
Lunges are one of the popular strength exercises that target the muscles in the legs and buttocks. It helps you strengthen your body (your back, hips, and legs), improve overall fitness, and boosts athletic performance. Moreover, lunges aid weight loss, and develop balance and stability. Lunges can be performed in many ways such as stationary lunges, side lunges, walking lunges, reverse lunges, and twist lunges.
To do a lunge follow the following steps:
- Begin by standing with your feet hip-width apart and your arms at your sides.
- Take a large step forward with one leg, lowering your body until your thigh is parallel to the ground and your shin is vertical.
- Push back and get back to the starting position. Repeat with the other leg.
You can do lunges with or without additional weight. They are an effective way to improve the lower body.
Push-ups are one of the best bodyweight training that targets the muscles in your chest, shoulders, and triceps. Follow these steps to begin;
- Lay face down on the ground with your hands positioned slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Push up through your hands until your arms are straight, keeping your body in a straight line from your head to your heels.
- Lower your body back down until your chest nearly touches the ground and repeat.
Push-ups have several different hand positions and variations to target specific muscles which makes them an effective way to improve upper body strength and stability.
Plank is an effective bodyweight exercise that works the muscles in the core, including the abdominal muscles, back muscles, and muscles around the pelvis. To do a plank follow the following steps;
- Get into a push-up position with your hands positioned slightly wider than shoulder-width apart and your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower your body until your elbows are bent at a 90-degree angle and your weight is supported by your forearms and toes. Hold this position for as long as you can.
Sit-ups are often used to strengthen the muscles of the abdominal and core region. Follow the following steps;
- Lay on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your upper body off the ground by flexing your abdominal muscles.
- Then, lower your body back down and get into the starting position.
Burpee is a full-body exercise that is performed using only your body weight as resistance. Burpees are a challenging exercise that can help boost strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness. This work-out involves the following steps;
- Get into a standing position
- Then lower your body down into a squatting position with your hands on the floor.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position, perform a push-up, and then quickly bring your feet back into a squatting position.
- At last, jump up from the squatting position, and return to the starting standing position.
Dips target your muscles in the triceps that locates in the back of your arm and can be performed using a bench or a dip bar. Moreover, it helps you build strength and increase the size of your tricep muscles.
- Stand between the dip bar or sit on a bench and extend your arms.
- Bend your elbows and lower your body. Then, allow your upper body to move toward the ground.
- Once you get a comfortable angle, finally push yourself back to the starting position.
High knees are a simple exercise that includes running in a place and rising your knees as high as possible with each step. It is a good exercise to improve your leg strength and endurance. Additionally, it boosts your body's coordination and balance.
- Stand with your feet, shoulder-width apart, and keep your hands on hips.
- Lift one knee up as high as you can and keep the opposite leg on the floor. Continue alternating legs, running in the space, and bring your knees up as much higher as you can.
Jumping jacks has another name star jumps, which is an aerobic exercise. It is a simple and effective way to boost your heart rate and cardiovascular fitness. Moreover, it involves a jump from a standing position with feet together and arms by your side. Moreover, you go to a position with your feet spread apart and your arms raised above your head. Follow the following steps;
- Stand with your feet together and arms by your side.
- Jump up and move your feet apart. Side by side raises your arms above your head.
- Jump back to the starting position.
A bicycle crunch is an abdominal exercise that targets the rectus abdominis, obligues, and hip flexors muscles. It helps you improve your abdominal strength and endurance.
- Lay down on your back on a mat, with your knees bent. Moreover, you keep your hands behind the head.
- Lift your upper body off the floor by contracting abdominal muscles. Bring your left elbow towards your right knee. Simultaneously, you straighten your left leg.
- Repeat the movement alternatively on your sides.
There are thousands of simple yet effective exercises that you can do at home to get a full-body workout. These workouts, such as squats, push-ups, bicycle crunches, and lunges, can aid your strength, endurance, and overall fitness. With just maintaining your body weight and a little bit of exercise, you can achieve your fitness goals. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete, these exercises can be easily performed. Moreover, it suits anyone's fitness level and provides an effective workout. So why not make these exercises part of your routine and see the benefits for yourself?