Are you struggling with coding to create a website? Stop worrying because a CMS solves this problem and allows you to build a website without coding and programming skills.
Now you might be looking for the most popular CMS tool. There are thousands of CMS tools, and each has its strength depending on your business purpose and usage. Therefore, choosing the right CMS tool that best fits your needs and goals for creating a website is essential.
Here you can find the top content management system (CMS) that will help you easily create, edit, publish and store digital content.
What is a content management system (CMS)?
Factors to consider when choosing a CMS tool?
Here are some of the essential things to know before deciding which CMS tool is best to use.
Ease of use
The CMS tool should be easy to create and edit the content, which means having a powerful content editor with visual and code-based editing. Often, a drag-and-drop interface makes the function so simple as you can add different elements to your page.
The customization options in the dashboard, extensions available, and source code editing options are the main things to check the customizability of any CMS tool. Moreover, various website design templates allow you to customize designs easily.
Portability of data
Data portability is one the main factors that help you move your data anywhere without hurdles, such as exporting data to another platform or hosting company.
You can find a lot of CMS; some are open source; however, you have to pay to host them. So make sure what you get from the CMS tools at what cost.
Customer support and experience
To answer your questions and help you when you get stuck, better customer support should be available anytime you need it.
Privacy and security of your data are essential, so you need a CMS platform to keep your content, users, and visitors safe.
The most popular CMS software that will solve your problems in 2022.
WordPress is the most popular CMS (content management system) that currently powers 42.9% of all websites on the internet. Do not confuse wordpress.org and wordpress.com; wordpress.org is open-source software where you can build a fantastic website, blog, or application. However, wordpress.com is the most popular website builder.
What do you get from wordpress.org?
- It offers you the flexibility and ease to create anything you want
- You can find thousands of beautiful designs and plugins for free and pay
- It comes with powerful features
- Best for search engine optimization with SEO plugins - you can easily create SEO-friendly URLs, tags, and categories for posts.
- Customer support is available for you anytime you need
- WordPress is free to use
- You need to buy a domain name and hosting
- You are responsible for managing your security
- WordPress is all free; however, hosting and the user must buy the domain name.
- Domain name $9 - $15 annually
- Hosting $2.75 per month
Key features of WordPress
- User management
- Media management
- Built-in comments
WordPress is best for
- Anyone can use who wants to start a blog or create complex websites
Joomla is another popular open-source CMS platform awarded the best content management system. You can easily create websites and online applications. Moreover, it comes with various templates and extensions that help you build powerful websites.
In addition, if you need comprehensive content management, especially when you are an educational site or a complex website, then Joomla is the best fit. Furthermore, it is used worldwide by government, small businesses, non-profits, and large organizations to create, organize, manage and publish content easily.
What do you get from Joomla?
- A variety of front-end and back-end templates are available to assist you
- A developer-friendly and user-friendly interface
- Free to use, and support is always available whenever needed
- Templates and extensions to develop e-commerce stores
- Only one click installation
- For your ease, you can find documentation and video training available
- You can create customizable solutions
- Focuses on SEO optimization
- It is multilingual
- It helps you protect your data
- Joomla is a bit difficult to use as you may need coding skills or hire a developer.
- There are fewer options to add extensions.
Joomla is an open-source content management system for publishing web content. However, it costs $700-$6500 per month.
Key features of Joomla
- Banner management tool
- Multilingual setting
Joomla is best for
- Best fit for a professional website that multiple people manage
HubSpot CMS Hub
HubSpot CMS Hub is specifically designed for business owners and marketers and is a fully integrated content management system (CMS). You can easily create your customizable website with a drag-and-drop website builder. It gives you access to vital web elements such as forms, live chat, and meeting tools, and you can find a pre-built website builder. Moreover, the entire platform can easily track and convert leads into customers.
What do you get from HubSpot CMS Hub?
- Free drag and drop editor available
- Create content with a handy WYSIWYG editor
- The SEO tools boost your websites search engine optimization
- Get built-in professional and customizable website themes
- Built-in privacy and security features
- It ensures your business's growth with the HubSpot CRM platform (seamless integration with email marketing)
- Easy integration with WordPress and WooCommerce
- No free version is available; however, you can get a free trial
- It is not suitable for e-commerce websites
HubSpot CMS Hub has three categories
- Starter starts at $23 per month
- Professional starts at $360 per month
- Enterprise starts at $1200 per month
Key features of HubSpot CMS Hub
- Smart content
- Design manager tool
HubSpot CMS Hub is best for
- Marketers and basic websites
Another open source CMS platform specially designed for web developers. Unlike WordPress or any other CMS, the modules and themes of Drupal are highly configurable. Although Drupal is free to download, you must pay to build and manage the site. Since it is specifically designed for developers, you need coding and programming skills. In addition, you can hire a developer.
What do you get from Drupal?
- Easy to add content
- APIs for multichannel publishing
- Built-in modules can assist you in expend and improving the site's functionality.
- Customer support is available.
- Data management has become so simple with its pre-built system
- Over expensive
- It can be tricky to use Drupal as it needs specifications
- It requires you to have programming skills (basic knowledge of PHP, CSS, and HTML), or a developer must have to hire
Its cost depends on web hosting and domain name.
- Premium shared hosting is $2.99 per month
- Business shared hosting is $4.99 per month
Key features of Drupal
- Performance and scaling
- Marketing automation
- Content authoring
- Content as a service
Drupal is best for
- Businesses with significant technical resources
Do you still get questions about the content management system? Let us know in the comments below.